What is Ozone?
- Ozone is "active oxygen", nature's special element (Each ozone
molecule consists of three oxygen atoms).
- Ozone is a natural purifier.
- Ozone has a clean, fresh scent noticed after a rainstorm.
- It occurs naturally in the Earth's atmosphere
- Through the ultraviolet rays of the sun
- Life safely exists because of the protection of the ozone layer.
- There is a small amount of ozone in the air we breathe.
This is NOT New Technology!
- Discovered by Schönbien in the 1840's
when he discovered a unique odor during electrolysis and electrical
sparking experiments. He recognized the odor as the same odor observed
after a lightning flash.
- Ozone has been used since the early
1900's to purify drinking water and municipal waste water.
- Used for 65+ years to purify pool and
spa water - worldwide.
- Bottled water has been purified with
ozone since 1982.
Ozone is Safe for the Environment and
Pool / Spa Equipment.
- Ozone cannot explode.
- Ozone is not a fire hazard in the
doses required for excellent water purification.
- Ozone, when used properly, does not
produce harmful fumes.
- Ozone will not damage or discolor
pool and spa surfaces.